President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the appointment of a new board and management team for the National Hajj Commission (NAHCOM).
The appointments, announced in a statement on Wednesday by presidential spokesperson Ajuri Ngelale, are subject to the confirmation of the individuals by the Nigerian Senate.
According to the statement, Commission Chairman Jalal Arabi will remain in office as Chairman.
Ngelale added that the President approved the appointments to ensure a hassle-free and seamless Hajj operation in 2024.
The President mandated the appointees to dedicate themselves to the task of ensuring that the activities of the National Hajj Commission are more efficient, transparent and responsive to the needs of Nigerians.
Below you will find the list of the appointees and their offices.
Jalal Arabi – Chairman (in office)
1. Aliu Abdulrazaq – Commissioner, Policy, Personnel and Finance
2. Prince Anofi Elegushi – Commissioner of Operations
3. Professor Abubakar A. Yagawal – Commissioner, Planning and Research
1. Dr. Muhammad Umaru Ndagi – North Central
2. Abba Jato Kala – Northeast
3. Sheikh Muhammad Bin Othman – North West
4. Tajudeen Oladejo Abefe – Southwest
5. Aishat Obi Ahmed – South-East
6. Zainab Musa – South-South
7. Professor Musa Inuwa Fodio – Jama'atul Nasril Islam
8. Professor Adedimeji Mahfouz Adebola – Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs
Tinubu reduces travel expenses of all government officials by 60% and reduces security delegation
Meanwhile, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has cut his travel expenses and all government officials in his government by 60 percent.
Ngelale claimed that the decision, which will affect the offices of the President, Vice President, First Lady, Ministers and heads of agencies, was part of the presidency's cost-cutting measures.
Story continues below ad
He said the slash means the president is limited to 20 staff members outside the country.